These terms and conditions govern your use of our website; by using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, do not use our website.
Repair Service Agreement
- The price stated on the Device Hospital website is Inc VAT. From 01/04/2012 - if your Device is beyond economical repair, we will charge £14.99 to cover postage costs or dispose of your device as we see fit. This £14.99 charge also applies if a Device is sent to us for a free estimate, and the customer wants to have their Device returned without a repair being completed. (£14.99 will also be charged for return delivery if a device is unable to be repaired.)
- The amount of time taken to repair specified faults is only an estimate. This time is not guaranteed, and is dependent on the availability of parts, and/or current workload.
- All of our repair work is guaranteed for 3 calendar months, starting upon payment of repair, providing the Device Hospital warranty seal is not tampered with or removed (also see e). This warranty is not transferable or extendable.
- Device Hospital reserves the right to withhold your Device until payment is received. If after 28 days payment has not been received, we are authorised to dispose of your Device.
- Warranty repairs only cover parts that have been replaced or repaired. This means we will not repair faults under warranty that have been caused by physical damage or negligence on the part of the user. Device Hospital reserves the right to determine the cause of the fault.
- Device Hospital will place a warranty sticker and a unique barcode on every console for warranty and internal tracking procedures.
Device Hospital uses UPS for pick-up and delivery.
- Any Devices lost during transit are at the responsibility of the customers. By using the device hospital repair service you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions of the UPS delivery service.
- Device hospital is required to pass on the customers details to the delivery company in order to arrange delivery.
Data loss may occur during the repair process, it is therefore advisable that you backup any files before sending the device.
- Please remove any memory cards and/or games if possible before sending the device, unless you feel or have been requested to include them. Cables such as power and audio visual leads should not be included, unless you feel they contribute to the fault, as we cannot guarantee that they will be returned.
- If Device Hospital determines a console does not fall under a warranty repair we reserve the right to charge the customer for labour and return postage.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter)
Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password.
We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
Bulletin board / chat room / comments
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
You must not use our website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under English and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via our website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person's intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person's privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime[; further, material must not be misleading, deceptive, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website.
We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to our website, or commencing legal proceedings against you.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Our contact details
The full name of our company is Device Hospital Limited.
Our address is:
Device Hospital - Unit F
Homesdale Business Centre
Platt Industrial Estate
Contact email address: email@example.com